The single for “Crystallization (A Winter Passacaglia)” is now out on your favorite streaming platforms!
A wintery piano solo, inspired to be written during the 2020 holiday season. Dedicated to my dear friend, Michael Jung, who’s always willing to try anything I throw at him.
What else am I up to…?
A new album in the works!
This upcoming album is in still in its conceptual stage, but my thinking is to include recordings of the following works:
- Aradia, La Bella Pellegrina (performed by the wonderful ACE Trio!)
- Wabi-Sabi, recorded by myself on my 6-string electric violin
- Ayre of Grievances, performed by myself and Shannon Canchola
- A fleshed-out version of “Crystallization“, featuring the piano solo with chamber orchestra accompaniment, recorded with real instruments
- MMXX, recorded by myself
- And perhaps… a new recording of Of Roses and Lilies, recorded with real instruments
I have to admit that it’s a weird feeling, thinking about recording live musicians again, after this long year of distancing. I’d gotten so used to the idea of relying on myself and my computer for everything! But, while I do wonder if I will know “how to people” again soon enough (lol), I am looking forward to working with my friends and colleagues, making music in person again. And I think this project is a great way to get myself into the groove again. <3