Enjoy listening to this brand new compilation album of new chamber works, including my haunting tarot-quintet, “The Oracle“!
LOCK & KEY VOL II is the second presentation of five composers drawing from the well of inspiration – in highly heterogeneous ways and from a plethora of sources, yet all united by a common theme: the profound depths of the human experience. The pieces all revel exuberantly: in the natural beauty of Iceland, the nostalgia evoked by a distantly familiar melody, the random augury of a deck of tarot cards, late 19th Century anthems adapted for woodwind quintet, or the kinetic energy of musical gestures. Confidently asserting that all facets and walks of life can be a source of music if you listen closely enough, LOCK & KEY VOL II features brand-new chamber works by Sarah Wallin-Huff, Herbert Deutsch, Kenneth Kuhn, Carol Barnett, and Philippe Kocher.Album Catalog Page
This brand new internship for the CPP music department has been in the works this past Fall, and today we celebrate the debut episode!!!
The Music Couches in the Cal Poly Pomona music department are a legendary feature, and have been for many decades. It is a “sacred space” where students and faculty can enjoy each other’s company between classes, and talk about music, life, career… and everything in between! With this podcast, we strive to replicate that feeling during the pandemic lockdown.
I have the pleasure of acting as the episode producer/editor and faculty advisor for this project, as well as writing the podcast theme music.
New episodes will be available every two weeks. Enjoy!
I have recently been introduced to the Japanese art aesthetic, wabi sabi, and I’m in love with the idea!
Some thoughts on the idea include:
- Celebrating imperfections as part of a beautiful universe that makes you, you
- “If an object or expression can bring about, within us, a sense of serene melancholy and a spiritual longing, then that object could be said to be wabi-sabi.” (Andrew Juniper)
- “Wabi-sabi nurtures all that is authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.” (Richard Powell)
One more thing to look forward to… I’ve decided to take this idea and shape my newest string quartet sketches around it. Look for a new string quartet work to be revealed soon!
I am thrilled to announce that the 2019 short film I had the pleasure of creating the music for is now up for viewing on YouTube!
The original soundtrack is also available for streaming everywhere on the album “Tonal Eclipse”.
The other Tequila Mockingbird Productions film I’ve gotten to work on, “Shady Oaks Takedown” (soundtrack available here), is also available for viewing, as well as all of the production company’s other films. Enjoy!
I’m so excited to have finished my latest lovely, little “winter passacaglia” for piano solo: “Crystallization”!
Dedicated to my dear friend, Michael Jung, who’s always willing to try anything I throw at him.
The recorded single is currently available to Bandcamp Backstage Members; I hope you’ll consider joining your support, if you haven’t already. In the meantime, you can listen to a minute-long segment of this new work here.
I do have plans, in fact, to orchestrate a full symphonic background to this work within the next months, turning it into a grand cinematic score… 🙂 I’ll let you know how that goes!
The latest album release, “Tonal Eclipse,” is now officially available on all your favorite platforms!
Included in this release are:
- “Tonal Eclipse (Of the Heart)” is a groovy mashup of live samples taken from spontaneous recordings captured by Sarah while visiting family in Hawaii, as well as a rehash of the historic train sounds in Pierre Schaeffer’s seminal “Railway Etude” from 1948.
- The full soundtrack from the dark-humor film short, “I Spy a Foodie” — written and directed by Thresa Richardson — is included in this release! * Nominated for the 2020 Roger Taylor Award for Short Film Score *
Announcing the newest electronic/classical album — “Tonal Eclipse”! Pre-orders are currently available on Bandcamp and the official release on all platforms is scheduled for September 1!Pre-Order for “Tonal Eclipse” Now Open!
Included in this release is the full, Roger Taylor Award Nominated soundtrack for the short film “I Spy a Foodie”! Click the link to get a taste of what’s to come…