I am equipped and experienced in providing numerous services to meet your unique needs.
- Violin or viola, and 6-string electric violin. I am experienced in multiple performance styles, from all eras of Classical (including historically informed Baroque and prior period performance), to Celtic, country (bluegrass, old timey, etc), to jazz/Latin, rock, hip-hop, and more!
- Performance in concert as a soloist, chamber musician, recording artist, orchestra member, improviser with a band, etc.
- Experience in contracting/organizing musicians and music for your own special event.
- I can even record violin and viola tracks for you on my own equipment and send you the raw files, if you’re not local to So. Cal.! 😉
- I have an eclectic catalogue of original music, with sheet music and recordings readily available. (See my Repertoire and Store pages for specific details.)
- I am happy to compose a new work for you and any ensemble you specify, at any level of ability.
- I am happy to provide you with arrangements of existing music for your particular group.
- I am happy to compose and record original soundtracks for your film, documentary, trailer, book, graphic novel, etc…
- Private lessons, lectures, rehearsal clinics/sectionals, group and master classes, etc. Ages as young as 2 years old to 92. All levels of experience, from brand-new beginner to advanced. I can teach via any of these scenarios in the following educational subjects:
- Violin technique: repertoire, performance, historically informed interpretation and practice, etc. If the student is well-established in basic technique, I am also happy to teach genre-specific technique (e.g., country, Celtic, jazz, rock, improvisation, early music practice, etc…)
- Music Theory: common practice era, modal and tonal counterpoint, 20th century analysis (including Pitch Class Set Theory), arranging, orchestration/instrumentation, music history, etc.
- Composition: studying and honing the art of writing music and finding “your voice.” From introductory levels to advanced.