With the holiday season and it’s regular (maddening) influx of rehearsals and concerts well underway, I could feel my violin becoming finicky and restless with her previous strings; I knew I was ready for further experimentation….
– A very fast and accurate response under bow action in pianissimi, fortissimi, spiccato, sautillé, staccato passages…
– Increased possibilities for nuances under the slightest bow pressure
– An easy emission in all the positions, which offers maximum comfort and reliability
– A perfectly defined elasticity and stiffness which generate depth, density of sound and give the feeling of volume
– A rich and clear sound in all the positions all the way up the fingerboard
– A perfect balance of sound throughout the instrument range, with an easy transition from string to string.
… – The alliance of exclusive High-tech materials : a composite multifilament core wrapped with a combination of sophisticated metal wires
… The warmth and focus of the best gut strings with the advantages of composite fibers:
– The texture, tone accuracy and more upper harmonics
– Great lifespan and string capacity to retain its sound qualities
– Insensitivity to humidity and variations in temperature
The string settles in very quickly and offers a perfect steadiness.
The sound of the Alliance Vivace is indisputably similar to gut strings.
I just put them on tonight and noodled around a bit… So far — I Love These Strings!!
Additionally, since I had Flora out tonight, I finally put on the Viotech Suregrip bow grip I had recently ordered from the UK. Previously, my thumb was being worn raw from the stress of my activities, so I thought a foam bow grip might be a comfortable solution. Not to mention, I hoped it might spare me from constant costly repair of the thumb leather. 🙂
Again, now fully equipped, I noodled around on Flora for a bit, and I just feel light as a feather in my technique right now! Between the foam support on my bow and the highly responsive strings, I feel completely relaxed on my instrument!! Good things all around.