I figured it was high time to update my list of what products I have found useful in my musicking: which products I regularly use and would recommend to others….
(And, actually, yes, I have found shopping for strings at Amazon to be far cheaper for the set I currently have fallen in love with):
- Thomastik IR04 Violin G – Infeld Red
- Thomastik IR03 Violin D – Infeld Red
- Thomastik IR02 Violin A – Infeld Red
- (and why I don’t just get a full set?….) Pirastro No.1 E for Violin E, Medium (Ball) ; (Need a Loop End? Click here…)
I’ve found this combo of Infeld Reds and the “Universal” Pirastro E to be PERFECT for Flora! 😉
6-String Electric Violin Strings
Currently, I’ve got a full set of Thomastik Vision strings.
- Far and beyond any other Low F string I’ve used so far is the Thomastik Vision violin F string!
I originally found it on Amazon… unfortunately it’s not there as of this posting… I’ll keep my eye out for it…
- Pirastro Goldflex Rosin — I’m loving it so far, for all my “babies”….
Shoulder Pad (Rest)
- I’ve fallen in love with the Everest ES Series Shoulder Rests! Just love them; they’re comfy and stable! Got one for Aisling, one for Flora, and a viola one for Minerva.
Every gigging musician (or practicing musician for that matter) needs one! I have two that I absolutely love!
- K & M Heavy Duty Music Stand — just a PHENOMENAL foldable stand, with a lovely large shelf and great stability and durability!
- For my recently improved gigging organization of using my iPad for my music, I use:
— K & M 19712 iPad-2 Mic Stand Holder coupled with an On Stage MS7700B Tripod Microphone Stand.
— And we can’t forget the AirTurn Bluetooth BT-105 Page Turner with the AirTurn ATFS-2 Silent Footswitch ; Absolutely worth it, let me tell you!!
— For my score reader iPad app, I use ForScore.