I know this news is VERY far into the future–but time has a way of getting away from all of us anyway… 😉
The McKinley String Quartet (featuring myself and Kathleen Mangusing on violins, Miguel Cunanan on viola, and Anne Sherrill on cello) will be presenting an hour-long performance at the Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Cypress, as a part of their inaugural concert series, Sunday Serenades.
The series is beginning with a performance by soprano, Grace Lee, on October 7th of this year and will be followed with three more performances: December 2nd, February 10th, and the McKinley Quartet performance on…
Sunday, April 14th, 2013 at 4pm-5pm.
Our program will consist of:
- String Quartet No. 2 in G, Op. 18 by Beethoven:
- Movements I. (Allegro), II. (Adagio Cantabile), and IV. (Allegro molto, Quasi Presto)
- Clarinet Quintet in A major, K.581 by Mozart (featuring Carolyn Fields on clarinet)
- Movements II. (Larghetto) and IV. (Allegretto con variazioni)
- “Anima Mechanicae: Soul of the Machine” by Sarah Wallin Huff
- “In the Forest (Amazing Grace)” by Sarah Wallin Huff
Tickets are $15 per show; however, the church is offering discounts for series tickets that are purchased before Sept. 1. All shows include a reception (or Victorian tea) afterwards.
This is a huge dream-come-true for this church, and we’re very excited and honored to have been asked to be a part of it!
See the flyer below for more details!