Don’t miss these fun, upcoming events! An asterisk (*) indicates an event that I have not previously mentioned. 8)
- November 17, 12pm. MIDI Band noon feature, in the Theatre Breezeway, near the Recital Hall. A foretaste of of the MIDI Band’s excellent, nighttime concert. See below. Admission: FREE.
- November 20, 3pm. Claremont Winds Concert, click here for more info. I have the pleasure of joining this excellent community concert band in my spare time, participating in the percussion section. For this particular concert, I have the honor of “tickling the ivories” on a couple of beautiful pieces… Admission: FREE.
- November 21, 8pm. MIDI Band Evening Concert, Cal Poly Pomona‘s Music Recital Hall. Under the direction of Lori Huff, we will be performing a concert consisting almost entirely of the seven arrangements I have written for the group. Sure to be a unique experience, not to be missed! Admission: $7.
- *November 29, 8pm. Jazz Band Evening Concert, Cal Poly Pomona‘s Music Recital Hall. I have yet to fiddle with this group (I have considered it!), but for this concert, I will actually be participating in a guest gospel choir, backing up vocalist Rowena Dineros for a re-arrangement of “Bridge Over Troubled Waters”. Aside from this tune, of course, the Cal Poly Jazz Band is truly a delight to see and hear (and my James is one of the trumpet players)! Admission: $7.
- *December 1, 8pm. University Concert Choir & Kellogg Chamber Singers, Cal Poly Pomona‘s Music Recital Hall. I’ll be participating as first soprano in the Concert Choir, featured in a special sextet during one of our songs, and (hopefully!) adding my violin to another of our tunes. This concert will feature several familiar, and not-so familiar, holiday tunes to get you in the Christmas spirit! Admission: $7.
- *December 2, 8pm. Cal Poly Pomona Guitar Ensemble, Cal Poly Pomona‘s Music Recital Hall. Always a unique experience, this concert I have been invited, with cellist Michelle Collar and violist Ross Casey, to perform the first movement from Ludwig van Beethoven’s String Trio in E-flat, Opus 3. Admission: $7.
- December 18, 6pm. Annual Christmas Concert, Midcities Baptist Westminster Church. As in past years, I have been invited to join the church’s orchestra in accompanying the choir for this Christmas Celebration. Admission: FREE.