McKinley Quartet to Present “Anima…” and More in April
I know this news is VERY far into the future–but time has a way of getting away from all of us anyway…
The McKinley String Quartet (featuring myself and Kathleen Mangusing on violins, Miguel Cunanan on viola, and Anne Sherrill on cello) will be presenting an hour-long performance at the Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Cypress, as a part of their inaugural concert series, Sunday Serenades.
The series is beginning with a performance by soprano, Grace Lee, on October 7th of this year and will be followed with three more performances: December 2nd, February 10th, and the McKinley Quartet performance on…
Sunday, April 14th, 2013 at 4pm-5pm.
Our program will consist of:
- String Quartet No. 2 in G, Op. 18 by Beethoven:
- Movements I. (Allegro), II. (Adagio Cantabile), and IV. (Allegro molto, Quasi Presto)
- Clarinet Quintet in A major, K.581 by Mozart (featuring Carolyn Fields on clarinet)
- Movements II. (Larghetto) and IV. (Allegretto con variazioni)
- “Anima Mechanicae: Soul of the Machine” by Sarah Wallin Huff
- “In the Forest (Amazing Grace)” by Sarah Wallin Huff
Tickets are $15 per show; however, the church is offering discounts for series tickets that are purchased before Sept. 1. All shows include a reception (or Victorian tea) afterwards.
This is a huge dream-come-true for this church, and we’re very excited and honored to have been asked to be a part of it!
See the flyer below for more details!